Exploring Notting Hill

Despite having lived in London for almost two years, I’ve yet to visit Notting Hill until this week. With the weather being so ideal I decided to take a day off from University life and take a stroll around the area to explore what it has to offer.

After having to run some errands in the morning, Patrick and I got the tube across to Notting Hill Gate station. We’d done some research and decided to go to Pizza Metro Pizza an Italian restaurant famous for its metre long pizzas and recommended in the Where The Chefs Eat guide. They do an amazing lunch menu and be sure to order their Polpette al Sulgo.

We headed to the famous Portobello Road, full of of cute coffee shops, market stalls and instagrammable colourful houses. I managed to resist from doing any shopping but popped into Hummingbird Bakery to pick up one of their adorable Easter cupcakes.

One of the places that has been on my to-visit list in London for as long as I can remember is the Kyoto Gardens in Holland Park. The Japanese gardens are the perfect place to destress from London life and have a pond with the most amazing koi carp. All of the cherry blossom was in full bloom so spring has finally arrived.

It was so nice to spend the day exploring a new part of London and being completely distracted from the long list of jobs I should have been getting on with. Let me know if you’ve got any favourite places in Notting Hill.

Share:

12 Comments

1. April 7, 2017 / 8:10 pm

Oh wow Kyoto Gardens look amazing! Such a relaxing and peaceful place to while away an afternoon. I’ve never been to Notting Hill.

• Just Joelle
      April 7, 2017 / 8:17 pm

You’ll have to visit, such a lovely place to sit in the sun X

2. April 7, 2017 / 9:48 pm

Oh wow, beautiful photos! It looks stunning – it’s a place I’d love to visit!

3. April 8, 2017 / 7:20 am

Your photos are beautiful!
    We’ve been to Pizza Metro Pzza too as we found it in the Where Chefs Eat too!
    As a Londoner ourselves, it’s so easy to dismiss places like Themis but they are so worth seeing!

Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk

4. abbeylouisarose
    April 8, 2017 / 9:49 am

Your photos are just beautiful, Joelle! So bright and colourful, I’m in love! 😍 It’s crazy how we can live so close to so many places yet never explore them, isn’t it? Notting Hill is now on my “to visit” list as well, I’m not far away so I have no excuse hehe! Fab post!

Abbey 🎀 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

5. April 9, 2017 / 3:30 pm

The photos in this post are BEAUTIFUL! I really want to explore notting hill! Unfortunately, it’s quite far away from me at the moment.
    Hayley X

6. April 9, 2017 / 10:05 pm

This place looks beautiful!
    I’ve only been to London a couple of times, but next time I go over, I need to visit here!
    It’s beautiful!

Bronagh

7. April 11, 2017 / 9:26 am

Loved seeing all of these photos and how colourful Notting Hill is, I’ve been to London before but never there!

Julia // The Sunday Mode

• Just Joelle
      April 11, 2017 / 9:51 am

Next time you come to visit you will have to go! So lovely when it’s nice weather 🙂

8. geet
    April 16, 2017 / 3:13 pm

these photos are amazing. i would love to visit this place.

GEET X
    Getalongwithgeet.blogspot.com

9. April 28, 2017 / 8:24 pm

Loved this post and your photos. I grew up and still leave near North Kensington so Nottinghill was literally around the corner. Its definitely the perfect place for strolls, especially in summer.

Ashlee