Autumn is quickly becoming my favourite time of year. Although the evenings are getting much darker here in London the autumn leaves and the opportunity to wear jumpers is making up for it. I’m looking forward to Halloween celebrations and we’ve already started carving pumpkins in our house.
Here are a few of my favourite things that I have been enjoying this month:
1) Red Lipstick – One of my favourite things about the autumn winter season is the opportunity to wear darker lip colours. I’ve been taking every opportunity to wear my favourite red lipstick Mac’s Ruby Woo such as when I visited the alpine-style restaurant and club Bodo Schloss earlier this month.
2) Girl On the Train – I’m very slow on the uptake with this on but I’ve only just got around to reading it! Having dyslexia it is quite rare for me to read a book outside of university however, Girl on the Train is certainly worth a read. It isn’t heavy going and is quite addictive. Although, controversially I have to say I’m not a huge fan of the film. I thought it was such a shame that it wasn’t based in the UK and the characters weren’t very believable.
3) Pumpkin Spice Lattes – I look forward to these every year. Yes they may be filled with empty calories but nothing says autumn like pumpkin spice lattes. I’ve been visiting Starbucks perhaps a bit too much, venturing out some evenings to walk along the Thames and enjoy a takeaway PSL.
4) This Is Us – We have needed a series like This Is Us for so long now! For those of you who haven’t seen it, it’s a heart warming American series based around seemingly random characters who share a birthday. I won’t give too much away but it is certainly worth watching with incredible production and acting.
5) Sketch Mayfair – Earlier this month I visited Sketch for a friends birthday celebration. If you are in London I really recommend that you stop by. It is an artistic restaurant that serves incredible afternoon tea, drinks and dinner in the evenings. Read a bit more about my trip in my previous blog post about Sketch.