I visited Bali over the Easter period a few years ago and it is certainly one of my favourite places on Earth. Whilst it is quickly becoming more popular with tourists it is still a must visit. The locals are friendly, there are sunsets to die for and the culture is thriving. Here is my list of the top five things you must do when you visit Bali/Indonesia.
1) Relax and Watch the Sunset on Gili Air – one of the three Gili islands, Gili Air is ideal for those who want to relax. The island has a more chilled out vibe than Gili T and is certainly ideal of unwinding.
2) Experience Culture in Ubud – we stopped off in Ubud and tried the infamous Kopi Luwak coffee (yes it is coffee made from harvested Civet Cat poo!), visited the rice terraces and admired the amazing view of the jungle from our hotel room.
3) Party and Snorkel on Gili Trawangan – an island off the coast of Bali with some of the most incredible beaches I’ve ever seen. We saw turtles off the shore, drank endless cocktails and cycled around the island.
4) Visit a Temple – Bali is full of ancient temples with amazing stone carvings. It is important to make sure that you are modestly dresses prior to visiting so do look into the dress code.
5) Give Potato Head Beach Club My Regards – our favourite place to eat that serves insanely good chicken satay. I’d recommend booking but they do serve epic cocktails so sometimes it’s a bonus having to wait! Great location right on the beach and with a stunning swimming pool to boot.
Have any of you visited Bali, is it on your to-visit list?